Sunday, January 29, 2012

Home Study = Complete!

Well, from the title, you now know OUR HOME STUDY IS DONE! They are "writing" our home study and that should be approved in 2-3 weeks max and then we will be OFFICIALLY WAITING! I am so excited I can barely stand it! But on the flip side of that, as much as I hope and pray this goes smooth and fairly quick, I am dreading the wait. Someone told me, well, a normal pregnancy would take 10 months...well, that is true...BUT at least in a pregnancy you have some inkling to WHEN you will be bringing a baby home! We are CLUELESS! But I know that in God's time, we will bringing our new sweet baby home...I just can not WAIT for that day!

Other news...we are still working on fundraising! We are still selling shirts and both kinds of bracelets. And we are now working on a cookbook so have printed to sell also. So if you have recipes--send them my way! Once our home study is written we can start applying for grants also, so that will be nice. I have to say, the only, and it is well worth it don't get me wrong, partial downfall to this is the financial aspect. It will be worth it, and it will work out, I do not doubt that one bit. I just wish that for anyone adopting, they didn't ever have to think about or stress about the financial factor. There are so many other exciting, stressful, and emotional things about adoption that you get so focused on, I wish that wasn't something that had to be thought about. But again, it will be so worth it in the end, and I know that it will all work out.

As amazing as our social worker is, and as great as she has been with us, I have to say, I am sort of relieved the home study is over. The paperwork you do with adoption is UNREAL! Let's add we both had to write autobiographies (and anyone who really knows me knows in a serious aspect I do NOT talk about myself!!). And then we had to write our Dear Birthmother letter, and include pictures. A few things about that: 1. I am GLAD it is done. 2. HARDEST letter ever, hands down. 3. I think ours is nothing less than absolutely perfect. I never thought I would be able to write it, but once I seemed to start, it just flowed. Thankfully. So now, here we are, waiting. Hopefully our wait will be smooth, and fairly short. Lord knows all we can do is PRAY now!

Anyways, that's where we are now. We are also planning to do an adoption yard sale in March sometimes, so let me know if you have anything you would like to donate. We will also be doing a bake sale during the yard sale. Anything helps! I want to thank each and every one of you who has at some point helped us, donated, thought of us, and prayed for us. EVERY single thing helps! We notice every bit of it, I promise, and we are SO thankful for every person who has done something for us!  We would not be where we are without help from our family and some of the best friends and co-workers we could possibly ask for!

Now that our home study is done, I hope to keep you all updated more often...it has been CRAZY here! But here is what I want to end on this time...One thing I learned during one of the classes I did online for our home study is this, and it is so simple, so honest, and so true...and I firmly believe that it is us : We may not be perfect, but we will be the perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment